Triangle hosted its' 14th Annual Signing Night on Monday, November 16th at the Raleigh Convention Center. Twenty nine teams and 293 student athletes were welcomed into the club for the 2015-2016 season. Ball control camp began the following day for all age groups, setting the tone for a competitive and meaningful season. Team rosters and schedules have been posted online, stay tuned for future updates as teams begin to compete this January!
Triangle Volleyball Club is pleased to announce the City of Oaks Challenge, an annual junior girls volleyball tournament Martin Luther King, Jr. weekend. This three day tournament, January 16-18, 2016, will be held in downtown Raleigh at the beautiful Raleigh Convention Center. The Raleigh Convention Center, which also hosts the MAPL Raleigh volleyball tournament each March, will hold 200 teams from the Carolinas and beyond on 25 courts.
Registration for the City of Oaks Challenge will open on October 12, 2015 in Advanced Event Systems. All divisions [12s-18s junior girls] will be played at the Raleigh Convention Center.
Interested teams/coaches: To join the City of Oaks Challenge team mailing list CLICK HERE.
College Recruiters: SUBSCRIBE to our recruiter contact list
For more tournament information CLICK HERE.
For sponsorship or vendor information please contact LSBarber@trianglevolleyball.org.
Triangle's popular AP Groups returns this summer and fall with nine (9) sessions prior to club tryouts for the 2016 season. AP Groups [Advanced Placement] is for high school girls with positional mastery and significant high level experience. It is the NEXT LEVEL training beyond XTREME clinics [which are open and available to club players aged 14 & up].
It is important to note that AP Groups work differently than other programs at Triangle. Firstly, AP Groups requires an application. Secondly, athletes are grouped based on level. An athlete's grouping will determine what TIME slot their AP Group will train. A special request of time slot or AP Group placement is not permitted.
Applicants must be high school aged [15-18] female athletes who possess the following:
- Mastery of positional fundamentals
- Significant high level playing experience
- Solid physical condition
- A strong work ethic
Groups training involves:
- Exceptional training by Triangle's most senior staff
- Small group [6-8], high coach:athlete ratio
- College preparatory technical content
- Live, fast-paced environment
- Game-like, competitive format
- high quality reps & feedback
Advanced Placement Groups is for qualified [via application] high school aged girls [15-18]. For the summer and fall, AP Groups will only have a positional training component. Also, new for summer and fall is that AP Group positional training will be 1-1/2 hours in length.
For AP Group participation athletes must possess the following at a minimum:
- Be a highly motivated high school volleyball player, grades 9-12 [as of Fall, 2015].
- Possess a mastery of positional fundamentals
- Have significant high level playing experience [i.e. club volleyball]
- Be in solid physical condition
- Possess a strong work ethic
General rules for AP Group participation:
- Interested athletes must APPLY for AP Groups. Please check your calendar PRIOR to registering and sign up only for dates you are certain to attend.
- Note that deadlines for application are firm. We cannot accept late applications.
- We have had and continue to see tremendous demand for AP Group Training [especially in the Fall prior to club tryouts]. Additionally, we have ample but finite court time and staff availability to conduct AP Groups. For these reasons we cannot guarantee an athlete's acceptance into AP Groups. It is also possible that prior AP Group participants may not be accepted into Fall sessions. NOTE: we do our best to accept as many qualified applicants as possible.
- Athletes must attend the AP Group for their PRIMARY position only. There are no exceptions.
- The actual time slot for an individual athlete's AP Group training will depend on your Group placement. Athlete's must be flexible and attend at the time instructed, no exceptions.
- Athletes will be assigned a 1-1/2 hour time slot within the range of times specified. These times will be posted by noon on Wednesday prior to the AP Group session for that week. Please check the weekly AP Group Schedule at http://trianglevolleyball.org/ap-groups-schedule.
- It is imperative to note that AP Groups are NOT used by Triangle or its coaching staff as an evaluation tool for team selection and will NOT be used to determine an athlete's placement for the upcoming club season. AP Group training IS designed to push the performance of each individual athlete in a positive direction by creating an environment for maximum growth.
How to apply for AP Groups?
- Given the combined academic and athletic demands of the high school season we will be handling AP Group applications on a rolling basis.
- The application deadline for each AP Group date is 10pm Sunday night PRIOR to the AP Group session date.
- We will process the applications and post rosters on our website [AP Groups page] by noon Wednesday http://trianglevolleyball.org/ap-groups-schedule.
- To apply visit https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/APGroups
MORE on AP Groups...
AP Positional Group training involves:
• Exceptional high level training by Triangle staff
• Small group [6-8], high coach:athlete ratio
• College preparatory technical content
• Live, fast-paced environment
• High quality reps and feedback
Thank you to all the participants, spectators and volunteers of our Joe Uniacke Memorial Volleyball Tournament!
|1||Gold Finalist||St. Michael's Catholic School|
|2||Falls Lake Academy|
|3||St. Mark Catholic School|
|4||St. Mary Magdalene Catholic School|
|5||Silver Finalist||The Franciscan School [BLUE]|
|6||Culbreth MS [GOLD]|
|7||Our Lady of Lourdes Catholic School [BLUE]|
|8||Cary Christian School|
|9||Bronze Finalist||Grace Christian School|
|10||St. Raphael Catholic School|
|11||St. Thomas More Catholic School|
|12||Immaculata Catholic School|
|13||Flight 1 Finalist||The Franciscan School [WHITE]|
|14||Culbreth MS [BLUE]|
|15||Crosscreek Charter School|
|16||Our Lady of Lourdes Catholic School [WHITE]|
|MVP||Maya Mrus||St. Michael's Catholic School|
|Caring Coach Award||Shelby Hamilton||St. Mark Catholic School|
|Caring Team Award||Crosscreek Charter School|
|All Tournament Team|
|Braswell, Kaeli||Grace Christian School|
|Chapman, Vivian||St. Mary Magdalene Catholic School|
|Coker, Emily||Cary Christian School|
|Dischinger, Sydney||Culbreth MS [BLUE]|
|Dorsey, Destinee||Culbreth MS [GOLD]|
|Dwinnell, Elizabeth||St. Michael's Catholic School|
|Gruebel, Lilly||St. Raphael Catholic School|
|Hamilton, Kaitlyn||St. Mark Catholic School|
|Lightner, Ellie||The Franciscan School [WHITE]|
|Mrus, Maya||St. Michael's Catholic School|
|Ogburn, Reagan||Our Lady of Lourdes Catholic School [BLUE]|
|Scott, Nadia||Falls Lake Academy|
|Teal, Chase||Falls Lake Academy|
|Wilson, Sarah||The Franciscan School [BLUE]|