Join us for the 2018 Triangle Winter Classic Tournament!
Divisions: Junior Girls 11U-12U
When: Saturday, January 13, 2018
Where: Raleigh Convention Center [this a one day event run in conjunction with the City of Oaks Challenge]
Entry Fee: $175 per team [3-match minimum per team]
Registration: Registration through AES [Advanced Event Systems] beginning November 15th. Payment and completed online registration submission is required to secure tournament entry. Checks should be made payable to 'Triangle Volleyball Club' and will not be cashed until a team is 'accepted' into this event. Entries handled 'first-come/first-served'. Refunds will not be given once a team has been accepted.
Questions? Contact Jenna Hinton
IMPORTANT TOURNAMENT INFORMATION:
FIRST ROUND POOLS & TOURNAMENT FLOW: will be posted on AES.
ROSTERS: make sure your roster are complete and correct. Roster changes can be made without penalty through January 9th.
TOURNAMENT LOCATION: All matches for the Winter Classic will be played on courts 26 and 27 at the Raleigh Convention Center. Courts 26 and 27 are located in Ballrooms B and C on the 3rd level of the Raleigh Convention Center.
TEAM CHECK IN: teams must check in prior to the start of their first match in Room 204. Wristbands for players and coaches will be required for entrance to the courts – these will be given at team check-in.
ATHLETIC TRAINERS: will be on-site throughout the event. Treatment services are free. If you need pre-play taping you must provide your own tape.
OFFICIATING: the tournament will provide an R1 for every court. Assigned work teams must provide R2, line judges, and scorers. Please watch schedule carefully for work times and please be on time to your court.
WINTER CLASSIC SERVING RULES: We will use the modification adopted by the Carolina Region. Serving lines will be established at 6 feet and 3 feet inside the normal service line. Players will have the option to serve from the 6' line on their first serve during each term of service. If their team wins the point, they must move back to the 3' line. If they win that point, they must serve from the normal service line for the remainder of that term of service.
EVENT PARKING: Event parking is available throughout the downtown area. Parking is $7 in most lots with no in and out privileges.
TEAM DROP OFF AREA BY RCC: Bus and car drop off [no standing] is available on Cabarrus Street between McDowell and Salisbury. Note – this drop off location is on the 1st and 2nd floor of the RCC and is NOT right in front of the Ballroom [3rd floor] access to courts 26 and 27 at the Raleigh Convention Center.
SPECTATOR ADMISSION: Admission Costs: $10 per day or $20 for a 3-day pass. Children under 5 are FREE. Admission bands are available for purchase at the following times/locations:
- Friday, January 12, 6-9 PM in front of the entrance to Hall B on the mezzanine level of the RCC.
- Saturday, Sunday and Monday beginning at 7 AM on the mezzanine level of the RCC and in front of the entrance to Ballroom B.
- CASH ONLY is accepted; there is an ATM available onsite. Online ticket sales are not available.
SPECTATOR BEHAVIOR: we will strictly enforce the Carolina Region/USAV Participant/Spectator Behavior Policy and the new purple card policy will be in effect.
RESULTS & PLAYING SCHEDULE: All results and schedule information will be available on AES throughout the day. The Raleigh Convention Center offers FREE Wi-fi to access this info on your smart phone. There will also be a tournament results station at Championship desk in the Ballroom. If you need assistance, please ask at Championship Desk.
INSURANCE: The Triangle Winter Classic is USAV sanctioned and participants and spectators are covered by USAV’s Secondary Sport Accident Policy. Should you be injured you MUST have an INCIDENT REPORT FORM completed at the event. Questions regarding insurance should be directed to championship desk.
- Spectator seating is provided at the Winter Classic, therefore stadium and pop up chairs are not allowed.
- Athlete ‘camping’ is not permitted. There will be tables in the ballroom for teams to relax between matches. Items left in this area are at the individual’s own risk.
- Coolers, stadium chairs, large baggage, animals [excluding service animals], weapons, tobacco and e-cigarette products are not allowed inside or outside of the RCC [lobby, playing venue, sidewalks].
- No ‘boom boxes’ or portable speakers are allowed to be used inside the facility unless they are connected to headphones. ‘Warm up music’ broadcasted from a speaker or sound system is not allowed.
FOOD & CONCESSION INFORMATION
- No outside food or beverages are permitted inside the RCC.
- Numerous concessions options are available in the RCC throughout the tournament and seating areas are provided for athletes and spectators.
- See our “THINGS TO DO” guide for dining information in the downtown area.
PHOTOGRAPHY AND VIDEO DISCLAIMER: please review this document HERE and be aware of our policies. Please note that we are not prohibiting parents and spectators filming or taking photographs that are associated with a player and team at the event. Monopods only are allowed for filming.