Coaching at Triangle - NOW HIRING
Triangle’s ability to recruit, develop, and retain top-notch coaching staff is essential to its success. Throughout the club season and off-season we actively seek quality people who share a passion for our mission ['Educating the whole person through excellence in the sport of volleyball'] and a true care and concern for their colleagues and our student-athletes.
If you love the game of volleyball like we do at Triangle and are inspired to help others strive for excellence, then consider joining our team of coaching professionals who enjoy the following...
A positive and collaborative working environment which supports individual excellence within a proven club-wide coaching system.
Visible, experienced, and supportive club leadership, who invests in the individual and collective development of our staff.
A range of coaching commitment opportunities to accommodate varying work, family and personal obligations.
Market-leading compensation and benefits. Staff are W-2 employees meaning Triangle covers costs associated with worker's compensation, unemployment taxes, and applicable withholding and Social Security.
Access to considerable resources to support professional development on a wide range of topics relating to coaching excellence.
An opportunity to teach and learn in a state-of-the-art eight (8) court dedicated indoor facility and a three (3) court beach facility at the Wake Competition Center (opened January, 2019). The Wake Competition Center is rapidly becoming North Carolina's premier destination for youth, amateur, and professional sports and is an exciting sports' hub in which to work.
An operational structure which simplifies and actively supports team management allowing coaches to focus on coaching during competition and travel.
Additional coaching opportunities beyond team coaching in Triangle's extensive year-round camp and clinic program and the ability to also offer lessons and small group training.
A long-standing and proven high level of competitiveness amongst our teams which supports both regional and national success.
We want all those considering Triangle as a place to invest in the athletic and character development of young people to know that we believe strongly in creating an environment where everyone, from any background, can passionately celebrate sport and help young people realize their athletic potential. We seek and support diversity and recognize diversity as an asset for our culture, coaching staff, and athletes.
2023/2024 Coaching Opportunities
Our approach to hiring is simple - we look for 'good people first.' We seek enthusiastic and positive people who are committed to excellence and interested in both teaching and learning. Previous playing and/or coaching experience is preferred. Once hired, all coaching staff will require USAV membership and background screening, USAV IMPACT and SafeSport certification and Head's Up Concussion Training.
- Team Coaching - Triangle fields junior girls and boys teams [11-18s] that compete both at the highest level nationally as well as those who play only regionally. All Triangle Team Coaching positions are part-time and seasonal in nature. Positions available are Head and Assistant. Resource coaches also assist with our team training (see below).
- Resource and/or Position-Based Coaching - Resource coaches provide valuable support to our teams and team coaching staffs. Generally these positions are non-travel. When position-based experience and competency exist, Resource Coaches can be involved in national team position-based training which occurs at all weekday practices.
- Camp and Clinic Coaching - Triangle offers year-round public programming from beginner/youth levels to our most advanced level HS athletes. Since 2008, Triangle has operated the most popular and extensive summer camp program in the area which runs from early June through late August.
- Tournament Directors/Gym Attendants-many staff also find extra earning opportunities by supporting gym operations as an attendant or tournament director.
- Many Triangle staff members will coach in various roles (team and camp/clinic) depending on their experience, interest and availability.
We consider applicants on a rolling basis and often hire throughout the year. Preferably team coaching hiring decisions are complete on or before August 1st of each year. Coach onboarding in advance of the club season allows new hires to benefit from pre-season staff orientations and on-court professional development opportunities.
To express your interest in joining our staff please submit a STAFF INTEREST FORM.
For more information please contact Sherry Fadool, Executive Director.