Coaching at Triangle
Triangle’s ability to recruit, develop, and retain top-notch coaching staff is essential to its success. Throughout the club season and off-season we actively seek quality people who share a passion for our mission ['Educating the whole person through excellence in the sport of volleyball'] and a true care and concern for their colleagues and our student-athletes.
If you love the game of volleyball like we do at Triangle and are inspired to help others strive for excellence, then consider joining our team of coaching professionals who enjoy the following...
A positive and collaborative working environment which supports individual excellence within a proven club-wide coaching system.
Visible, experienced, and supportive club leadership, who invests in the individual and collective development of our staff.
A range of coaching commitment opportunities to accommodate varying work, family and personal obligations.
Market-leading compensation and benefits. Staff are W-2 employees meaning Triangle covers costs associated with worker's compensation, unemployment taxes, and applicable withholding and Social Security.
Professional development covering a wide range of topics relating to coaching excellence.
An opportunity to teach and learn in a state-of-the-art eight (8) court dedicated indoor facility and three (3) court adjacent beach facility at the Wake Competition Center (opened January, 2019). The Wake Competition Center is rapidly becoming North Carolina's premier destination for youth, amateur, and professional sports and is a exciting sports' hub in which to work.
An operational structure which simplifies and actively supports team management allowing coaches to focus on coaching during competition and travel.
Additional coaching opportunities beyond team coaching in Triangle's extensive year-round camp and clinic program. Court access for lessons and small group training.
Opportunities to be involved in impactful service programs to provide opportunities to those with little or no access to sport.
A long-standing and proven high level of competitiveness amongst our teams which supports both regional and national success.
We want all those considering Triangle as a place to invest in the athletic and character development of young people to know that we believe strongly in creating an environment where everyone, from any background, can passionately celebrate sport and help young people realize their athletic potential. We seek and support diversity and recognize diversity as an asset for our culture, coaching staff, and athletes.
2020/2021 Coaching Opportunities
Our approach to hiring is simple - we look for 'good people first.' We seek enthusiastic people who are committed to excellence and interested in both teaching and learning. Previous playing and/or coaching experience is preferred. Once hired, all coaching staff will require USAV membership and background screening, USAV IMPACT and SafeSport certification and Head's Up Concussion Training.
- Team Coaching - Triangle fields predominantly junior girls teams [11-18s] and has a growing interest in boys teams [four teams in 2020]. The competitive level of our teams varies from national [most competitive, 7-month season] to regional [4-month season]. All Triangle team coaching positions are part-time and seasonal and may be at the Head, Assistant, and/or Resource* coach level. (*non-travel position)
- Camp and Clinic Coaching - Triangle offers year-round public programming from beginner/youth levels to our most advanced level HS athletes. Since 2008, Triangle has operated the most popular and extensive summer camp program in the area which runs from early June through late August.
- Beach Coaching - with three (3) dedicated beach courts adjacent to our indoor facility, Triangle can offer excellent opportunities for training in the sand.
- Satellite Program Coaching - Triangle maintains long-standing contracts with both the Town of Cary and the Town of Wake Forest to lead their youth/teen volleyball programs each spring and summer. In addition to coaching, these programs offer coaches supervisory/officiating opportunities during town summer leagues.
- Many Triangle staff members will coach in various roles (team and camp/clinic) depending on their experience, interest and availability.
We consider applicants on a rolling basis and will often hire throughout the year. Preferably team coaching hiring decisions are complete on or before September 1st of each year. Coach onboarding in advance of the club season allows new hires to benefit from pre-season staff orientations and on-court professional development opportunities.
To express your interest in joining our staff please submit a STAFF INTEREST FORM.
For more information please contact Sherry Fadool, Executive Director.