2021 Triangle Prep Challenge - an NCHSAA sanctioned HS Varsity Scrimmage
Saturday, August 14, 2021
Past Participating Schools
- Apex HS
- Cardinal Gibbons HS
- Carrboro HS
- D.H. Conley HS
- East Surry HS
- Franklinton HS
- Fuquay-Varina HS
- Green Level HS
- Havelock HS
- Hillside HS
- Hoggard HS
- Knightdale HS
- North Raleigh Christian Academy
- Panther Creek HS
- Person County HS
- Rocky Mount HS
- Vance Charter
- Wake Christian HS
- Wake Forest HS
- Wheatmore HS
Schedule will be available soon.
Greetings from Triangle Volleyball Club!
Let’s all cross our fingers that teams will be able to have a standard beginning to the 2021 High School Volleyball season! Triangle Volleyball is confident that we WILL be able to host our event this season. This past winter, we were able to host club tournaments beginning in February and we were even able to offer limited spectator seating by March. Our events were managed safely and we have successfully implemented an extensive list of pandemic protocols that we follow to keep everyone as safe as possible. This includes, among other things, masking, screening, distancing & cleaning]. We may have to modify our schedule to provide buffers for teams/spectators to enter/exit. We may also still be facing restrictions limiting the number of spectators in indoor facilities [the same restrictions you would face when hosting a match at your own school]. Our hope [and probably your hope] is that this will not be the case but one thing we have all learned is that we have to look ahead, we have to prepare, but we must also be flexible when things change suddenly.
We hope to have the opportunity to host your team in 2021. The date for the 2021 PREP CHALLENGE HS VOLLEYBALL SCRIMMAGE TOURNAMENT is Saturday, August 14th at Triangle Volleyball Club.
- Cost: $100 per team
- You can expect 40-minute rounds [approx..]; each team will play  rounds. To allow up to 16 teams, we will have two waves, AM and PM. Each team will be assigned to a specific wave.
- The first scheduled matches will be scheduled to begin at 8am [if your team is scheduled to play in the first round].
- You do not have to wear numbered jerseys [your preference].
- Call timeouts as needed but be aware that your timeout will impact your opponent’s amount of playing time.
- Although we do not post a visible scoreboard, you may bring a scorebook keeper to practice [your preference]. We will have a table set up or they may sit on the bench with the team.
- There is a $5 admission fee for spectators; standard in Wake County for athletic events; youth 4 years of age or younger are FREE.
- Adult referees will be officiating throughout the day.
- Practice balls are provided. Teams will not need to bring ball carts, balls or watercoolers.
- All competition will take place at Triangle Volleyball Club: 121 Competition Center Drive, Morrisville NC.
- Each team will need to provide their own tape, pre-wrap and medical supplies. We will have a trainer on-site to deal with any injuries.
- To register, please contact Jenna.Hinton@trianglevolleyball.org
Tournament Location - Triangle is located in the Wake Competition Center. Address: 121 Competition Center Drive, Morrisville, NC 27560.
Team Check In - will occur on a rolling basis at our check in desk located in the left side of the foyer. Teams should plan to report no less 30 minutes prior to their first match.
Athletic Training - Each team will need to provide their own tape, pre-wrap and medical supplies. We will have a trainer on-site beginning at 7:30AM to handle any emergencies.
Results - Per NCHSAA regulations, any 'results' cannot be published, recorded or used to determine post season play or published [newspapers, websites, online, etc.].
Parking - the WCC has over 800 parking spots shared between the various tenants.
For more information contact: Jenna Hinton, Event Director, 919.462.8196