12th Annual Joe Uniacke Memorial Tournament
Saturday, September 21, 2019
Congratulations to our 2019 particiapants! Please see below for the final standings and the All Tournament team!
2019 FINAL STANDINGS
Gold Champion - St. Mark Catholic School [GREEN]
Gold Finalist - The Franciscan School
T3rd - St. Mary Magdalene Catholic School
St. Raphael Catholic School
Silver Champion - Cary Academy
Silver Finalist - North Raleigh Christian Academy
T7th - Immaculata Catholic School
St. Michael's Catholic School
Bronze Champion - St. Mark Catholic School [GOLD]
Bronze Finalist - St. Thomas More Catholic School
T11th - Carolina Friends School
Our Lady of Lourdes Catholic School
ALL TOURNAMENT TEAM
Ella Bennett - North Raleigh Christian Academy
Addie Canady - Cary Academy
Rachel Collini - Carolina Friends School
Marlee Cook - St. Marl Catholic School [GREEN]
Cady Cox - St. Thomas More Catholic School
Sophie Curtis - Immaculata Catholic School
Sophie Hrehor - The Franciscan School
Lauren Koscal - Our Lady of Lourdes Catholic School
Macy Leyda - St. Mary Magdalene Catholic School
Maggie McCurdy - St. Michael's Catholic School
Susan Migdal - The Franciscan School
Sydney Muffler - St. Raphael Catholic School
Alina Ryan - The Franciscan School
Presley Shotwell - North Raleigh Christian Academy
Sarah Todt - St. Mark Catholic School [GOLD]
Emma Wightman - St. Mark Catholic School [GREEN]
MVP - Marlee Cook [St. Mark Catholic School GREEN]
Caring Coach Award - Anna Chapman [St. Mary Magdalene Catholic School]
Caring Team Award - Carolina Friends School
Pool play begins at 9 AM Saturday and final matches are expected to begin at 6 PM
Event Schedule is located here.
$200 per team (Checks payable to 'Triangle Volleyball Club'. Payment and completed registration form required to secure tournament entry.)
Tournament Location - Triangle is now located in the Wake Competition Center (as of January 1, 2019). Address: 121 Competition Center Drive, Morrisville, NC 27560. Located off Aviation Parkway south of I-40 in the Dominion Drive business park.
Warm Up balls and carts are provided on each court
Athletic Training - a certified athletic trainer will be onsite throughout the event. Athlete's requiring pre-play taping must provide their own tape or be prepared to pay a fee. Kinesiotape application is $5pp.
Parking - the WCC has over 800 parking spots shared between the various tenants.
- Parking is only allowed in designated parking spaces. Those parking elsewhere risk towing at the owner's expense.
- There is a drop off lane for athletes and those with disabilities, but please note cars are not allowed to wait in this area.
- We have disability parking near the front door for those with proper documentation AND when the person for whom the documentation was issued is in the vehicle.
Admission: $5; Children Under 5 FREE
- Opening Ceremony - will be held at 830am. We ask that all team members arrive in time to be settled so we can begin on time.
- There will be an ongoing raffle throughout the day to distribute gifts, including signed volleyballs from top NCAA programs. Each spectator will receive one (1) raffle ticket with paid admission fee. Additional tickets are available for purchase for $1.
- An assortment of t-shirts and sweatshirts will be on sale during the event.
- Doors open to the gym at 8:00 AM
- NO FOOD OR DRINK (except water is closed lid containers) IS ALLOWED ON COURT! This includes spectator areas where bleachers are set up on a court. NO EXCEPTIONS, WATER ONLY ON COURTS.
- Athletes are to store their team bags and belongings in cubbies located on the mezzanine level.
- Bleacher seating provided on the first level. Standing room only on the mezzanine level.
- Personal spectator chairs are not allowed inside the building [due to spectator safety in the event we need to exit the building quickly].
- No coolers or food tables allowed inside the facility, on the front porch or sidewalks.
- Participants ONLY allowed on court. Ball Handling in all off-court areas is strictly prohibited.
- Videotaping is permitted on the mezzanine level only.
- Respect and honor for the game is expected from all athletes, coaches and spectators. Your cooperation is appreciated.
Please, let's all remember that our many of our tournament staff [officials, line judges, score keepers, concessions workers, gate keepers, etc.] are serving as volunteers. They are working hard for you and your team purely for love of the game and to give back to youth sports.
For more information contact: Jenna Hinton, Event Director, 919.462.8196
About "Joe U"...
The Joe Uniacke Memorial Middle School Tournament was established in 2007 in memory of middle school coach (and Triangle alum parent) Joe Uniacke.
Although Joe was a busy and successful commercial insurance manager professionally; he found the time to serve 10 years as the head volleyball coach at Our Lady of Lourdes Parish School, in Raleigh, NC. All three of his daughters, Emily, Sara, and Bridget passed through the OLL program and were coached by Joe. After Joe was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer he hung up his coaching whistle at OLL but remained an enthusiastic volleyball fan at Cardinal Gibbons High School and Triangle Volleyball Club .
Even in his final months, when it became apparent that his health was declining, Joe attended all of Sara and Bridget’s volleyball games despite extensive travel and personal hardship for him. Joe’s legacy is about more than just volleyball and remains a shining example of true commitment, courage in the face of adversity, and love of sport, friends and family.
While we know Joe's humility would be tested by the attention of having an event named in his honor, we know that he would be so proud to see so many young people playing in his memory.