- Our Mission & More
- CLUB LEADERSHIP
- WCC FACILITY
- REN Athletics®
- NEWS (archive)
- City of Oaks Challenge
- MAPL Raleigh
- Carolina Pre-National
You are here
Willis is a Raleigh native and joins Triangle with considerable club and collegiate playing, as well as, coaching experience. Willis was an outstanding prep and club player, playing the majority of her club career at NC Elite. In 2009, Willis and her NC Elite team earned an 11th place finish in the American Division at USAV Junior Olympic National Championships. Willis played at Broughton High School where she helped her team win two CAP 7 conference championships and earned three CAP 7 All-Conference First-Team honors. Her senior year she was selected as Broughton’s Female Athlete of the Year, named to AVCA’s Under Armour High School All-America Second Team and was ranked 66th on PrepVolleyball.com’s Senior Aces list.
Willis was recruited as a right side hitter to LSU where she played for two years before transferring to East Carolina to finish her collegiate career. At LSU, Willis saw considerable action her sophomore year appearing in 29 matches with 18 starts. At ECU, Willis was a dominant right-side and set the ECU single-match record with 32 kills versus Southern Miss her junior season. Despite being plagued with knee injuries, Willis earned All-Conference USA honors and was named to the North Carolina Collegiate Sports Information Association (NCCSIA) Second Team her senior year. Willis graduated ECU in 2014 with a bachelor’s degree in Child Development and Early Intervention.
Willis has considerable club coaching experience which began when she served as an apprentice coach at NC Elite during her prep playing years. She began club coaching at ECJVC while attending ECU and head coached their 12 Black team for three years. While pursuing her master’s degree in Elementary Education, Willis also gained valuable experience as a graduate assistant coach for the Pirates. After completing her masters, Willis returned to the Raleigh area to begin her teaching career while also pursuing her club coaching career by coaching top teams at NC Elite for 6 years at the 13-15’s age levels.
Willis is currently serving as the Head Varsity coach at Broughton Magnet High School.
SIGNIFICANT PLAYING ACCOMPLISHMENTS:
- Willis played collegiately at LSU before finishing her career at ECU, where she set the single-match record with 32 kills versus Southern Miss as a junior and earned All-Conference USA and NCCSIA Second Team honors as a senior.
- Selected as the No. 66 PrepVolleyball.com Senior Ace as a Senior and named to the AVCA Under Armour High School All-America Second Team.
- Competed for Broughton, where she led the Capitols to two CAP 7 conference championships, and was named Broughton's Female Athlete of the Year.
- Played club at NC Elite, where she led her club team to an 11th place finish in the American Division at the 2009 USAV Junior Olympic National Championships.
SIGNIFICANT COACHING ACCOMPLISHMENTS:
- Returned to ECU as a graduate assistant coach for the Pirates while pursuing her master's degree.
- Coached ECJVC's 12 Black team for three seasons before returning to NC Elite.
- Worked with NC Elite's top national teams from ages 13-15 for six seasons.