Job Title: Beach Club Director | Lead Beach Coach
Employment Type: Administrative + Coach. We anticipate this being a full-time position with no less than an average of 30 hours per week spent on the combination of administrative duties and coaching responsibilities.
Compensation: Triangle Beach Club Director will receive a combination of a monthly stipend plus program/event profit-sharing and hourly coaching rate as appropriate. Total actual compensation will be commensurate with education, beach playing and beach coaching experience.
Benefits: Full-time administrative positions include employee healthcare insurance and 401K participation with corporate match. Additional benefits available include healthcare for spouse and dependent children as well as vision and dental.
Application: Submit a cover letter along with a resume and references.
Application Deadline: Open until filled. To ensure consideration, complete applications must be received by 3/20/2020
Direct Inquiries to contact: Sherry Fadool, Executive Director, firstname.lastname@example.org
Triangle is searching for an enthusiastic, innovative, and knowledgeable person to serve as the Triangle Beach Club Director. This position reports to the Executive Director, with direct supervision over beach coaching staff (seasonal or year-round). Primary responsibilities include providing coaching expertise, leadership, coach development, and seeing to the overall administration of Triangle’s Beach Volleyball program. Through recruitment, training, and retention of competent beach coaching staff, the Beach Club director will create, manage and administer all aspects relating to a positive and beneficial beach volleyball experience (year-round or integrated seasonal) for Triangle student-athletes.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES minimally include the following. Other duties may be assigned as appropriate.
- Assist in coaching student-athletes in the game of beach volleyball, which includes teaching fundamental techniques, providing leadership and instruction and evaluating their performance in both practice and competition.
- Plan, organize and supervise practices, competitions, year-round camp and clinic training opportunities.
- Integrate Triangle’s mission and ‘whole person’ approach to sport in all beach initiatives relating to both coach and athlete development.
- Work with Triangle’s Recruiting Coordinator to help interested and capable student-athletes manage their recruiting process with the goal being to achieve a collegiate beach volleyball experience.
- Conduct all aspects of the program within the rules, regulations, and procedures of USA Volleyball, the Carolina Region and all other associated governing bodies of beach volleyball.
- Manage Triangle’s three (3) beach courts and associated equipment to ensure uninterrupted operation and that the facility meets all standards required by our governing bodies. Optimize court utilization and revenue generation by scheduling Triangle athlete/team training, tournaments, camps and clinics, leagues and rentals.
- Communicate regularly and maintain a positive and constructive working relationship with all Triangle administrative staff.
- Represent Triangle as appropriate at professional conferences/meetings, tournaments, club activities, and other events as requested by the Executive Director.
- Maintain, as appropriate, effective relationships with parents, friends of the program, and others toward the positive image and promotion of the Triangle Beach program.
- This position reports to Triangle’s Executive Director and must subscribe to the administrative staff policies outlined in Triangle’s Employee Handbook and Administrative Staff Supplement.
- Beach Director will supervise beach coaching staff, interns and student-athlete apprentice coaches.
EXPECTATION OF KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and ABILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Applicant should possess the following:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university
- Previous playing and/or coaching experience at the collegiate and AVP professional level
- Beach IMPACT certification through USA Volleyball (can be obtained upon employment)
- BEACH CAP I certification or higher desirable, but not mandatory
- Must have current knowledge of beach volleyball rules and regulations and the basic principles of coaching/team supervision. Candidates must also have the ability to effectively coordinate recruiting activities and to maintain team discipline and support character development in cadence with Triangle’s mission ‘to educate the whole person through excellence in the sport of volleyball.’
- PROFESSIONAL ABILITIES & TECHNOLOGY SKILLS:
- Ability to effectively present information, both orally and in written form, and to respond to questions from administrative team members, colleagues, collegiate recruiters, student-athletes, parents, and supporters.
- Must be capable of interpreting technical information and have the proficiency to utilize current technology to aid in training, program management, and promotion.
- Fiscal management skills - Ability to utilize, with proficiency, EXCEL® software in order to perform support both program and fiscal management.
- Possess strategic and analytical reasoning skills.
- Apply creative and innovative thinking to support program growth and expansion.
- PHYSICAL DEMANDS - The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by any employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Candidates will be required to actively engage in training and possess the ability to effectively demonstrate different skills relating to beach volleyball and associated training. The ability to lift a minimum of 40 pounds on a regular basis will be required.
ABOUT TRIANGLE VOLLEYBALL CLUB:
Triangle Volleyball Club, a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization founded in 2002, is committed to the education and promotion of the whole person through excellence in the sport of volleyball. Triangle Volleyball Club focuses on the personal and athletic development of our junior student-athletes, and creates a safe, positive, and effective learning environment in which student-athletes strive to achieve individual excellence within a team dynamic.
We view the volleyball court as our classroom, transformed to teach lessons of character, discipline, respect, responsibility, accountability, commitment, leadership, work ethic, teamwork, courage, integrity, communication, cooperation, the importance of sacrifice and sportsmanship. In conjunction with specific volleyball skills development we emphasize and teach our athletes the importance of proper nutrition, overall fitness and conditioning and healthy lifestyle choices.
Our work environment supports creativity, collaboration, and contributing to a culture rooted in high standards. The tasks involved with this position will be performed in a variety of environments, including an office setting, classroom environment, and indoor and outdoor athletic facilities. The noise level in the work environment varies from quiet to extremely noisy.
In January of 2019 Triangle realized our dream and moved from its original Globe Center location to its new built-to-suit, dedicated volleyball facility at the Wake Competition Center. This eight (8) court indoor facility is fully outfitted with strength and conditioning space, classroom, staff lounge and learning center, VolleyShop, office areas and includes three (3) outdoor beach courts. Centrally located in a youth sports campus Triangle’s new facility offers tremendous opportunities for player development and serves to foster regional growth in the sport.
Triangle Volleyball Club visibly and actively contributes to the betterment of the community through philanthropic work and participation in civic activities. We have a long-standing and visible commitment to create access to sport for those individuals with physical differences. We promote opportunities for our student-athletes to use their training in service to others as part of our ‘whole person’ mission.