**UPDATE 12/17/20: Unfortunately, as COVID-19 numbers continue to rise in North Carolina (and the entire country) and time runs out for there to be a significant turnaround or for any potential and immediate solutions to help ease the burden of the pandemic, we are left with no choice but to officially postpone the 2021 City of Oaks Challenge. Fortunately, through our partnership with the Raleigh Convention Center and the Greater Raleigh Sports Alliance [GRSA], we are already looking to move the event to later in 2021 so that the chances we can host this event in Raleigh are greatly improved. Our planned dates [pending contract approval] are May 1st & May 2nd, 2021, with more detailed information to come.
The City of Oaks Challenge is an Open Entry tournament [first come, first served] sanctioned by USAV/Carolina Region.
- Entry Fees:
- Junior Girls' - $650.00 per team if paid by check.
- Junior Boys' - $200 [14U - one day event], $350 [16 & 18U - 2 day event] per team
- A service fee will apply to any credit card payments.
- Registration opens in Advanced Event Systems [AES] November 1st, 2020.
- *WAITLIST Updated 11/6/20: Several divisions have filled with teams as of Nov. 6th. If you would like to be added to the waitlist in a division but cannot register in AES due to the filled division, please contact email@example.com.
- Hotels open November 2nd, 2020.
- Late Registration: December, 12, 2020
- Roster Deadline: December 18, 2020
- Refund Policy: A full refund will be given with written notice to Triangle Volleyball Club [firstname.lastname@example.org] if recieved by November 20th at 5PM. There will be no refunds for withdrawn or dropped teams after this date.
- Event Cancellation Policy: In the event that the City of Oaks Challenge is cancelled due to public health guidance or executive order relating to COVID-19, Triangle Volleyball Club and the City of Oaks tournament staff will make every effort to refund the majority of each team’s entry fee (less any credit card processing fees) after an accounting of all recoverable expenses. Minimally, teams should expect that $25 of each team’s registration fee will be retained and considered nonrefundable in the event of a cancellation to cover tournament administrative fees.
- Waitlist: Teams not able to be accepted into the event will be placed on a waitlist. Checks for waitlisted teams will be held until after the conlusion of the event or until the team formally withdraws.
To Enter Event:
- Visit AES to enter teams [Rosters are not required for tournament entry]
- Print and sign tournament entry form
- Submit entry form and payment via check or credit card through AES [All checks payable to "Triangle Volleyball Club", 121 Competition Center Drive, Morrisville, NC 27560]
- Team Selection Process: Teams are selected on a first come, first served basis.
- GIRLS - 12U, 13U, 14U, 15U, 16U, 17U/18U*
- BOYS - 14U Boys [Sunday only], 16U Boys [Sat/Sun] and 18U Boys [Sat/Sun]
- Triangle reserves the right to offer an invitational division for selected age groups
- Teams must play within their age division [no playing up]
- Per NC Governor's Announcement on 11/23 - All participants at the 2021 City of Oaks Challenge will be required to wear mask during the competition, including while competing during matches. Age exemption applies for ages 5 & under ONLY in North Carolina. The process for getting a medical exemption is forthcoming, but will require it be on file prior to team check-in.
- NEW Details for 2021 Check-In forthcoming
- City of Oaks Challenge is sanctioned by USA Volleyball through the Carolina Region [CR teams note that the City of Oaks Challenge counts towards eligibility for CR Championships].