MAPL Raleigh: March 2-3, 2019
FOLLOW US! Facebook: HERE Instagram: @maplraleigh
- THE BLACK AND BLUE DIVISIONS WILL BE PLAYED AT THE RALEIGH CONVENTION CENTER
- THE RED DIVISION WILL BE PLAYED AT TRIANGLE VOLLEYBALL CLUB (NEW LOCATION)
MAPL Raleigh's BLACK and BLUE divisions will play on 25 courts in Halls A, B, and C of the Raleigh Convention Center in downtown Raleigh. DOORS WILL OPEN PROMPTLY AT 7 AM. Participants will not be allowed into the RCC until 7 AM.
500 South Salisbury St.
Raleigh, NC 27601
The RED Division will play on 6-8 courts at Triangle Volleyball Club's NEW location. DOORS WILL OPEN PROMPTLY AT 7 AM.
121 Competition Center Drive
Morrisville, NC 27560
- MAPL Raleigh tournament registration OPENS in AES on October 1, 2018. Early acceptance is Wed. December 19, 2018. Final and full acceptance will be following the MLK weekend events. Hotel survey for downtown hotels opens October 5, 2018 at 10 AM.
- Teams are permitted to register for the event without rosters. However, in order to ensure that coaches, team representatives, etc. receive vital tournament information via AES email it is imperative that rosters be loaded into AES as soon as possible.
- TEAMS MUST COMPLETE A PRE-ACCEPTANCE SURVEY which is used to assist the MAPL Competition Committee with team acceptance criteria. To complete the survey visit https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/MAPLearly
- This is NOT an open entry tournament where team acceptance is done on a first-come, first-served basis. Alternatively, acceptance criteria is based on team performance relative to strength of field and rests strongly on performance history and strength of a teams' competition schedule.
- Teams play in mixed age divisions. BLACK [16-18's]; BLUE [14-16's], and RED [13-14's]. It is typical that less than 10-16's teams play in the BLACK division and less than 10-14's teams play in the BLUE division.
- Seeding will rely primarily on results as found in AES. It is each team's responsibility to maintain their results in AES for seeding purposes.
- REFUND POLICY: A full refund will be given with written notice to Triangle Volleyball Club [firstname.lastname@example.org] if recieved by December 15 at 5 PM. There will be no refunds for withdrawn or dropped teams after this date.
- Teams that are not accepted into the tournament may remain on a waiting list - checks will not be cashed for teams that are not accepted into the event.
- ROSTER DEADLINE: Jan. 23, 2019
MAPL Raleigh is NOT a Stay-to-Play event. Triangle Volleyball Club has partnered with PSE Event Housing to secure hotel room blocks at reduced rates for tournament participants. For more information on hotels and our process for securing hotel rooms at the THREE downtown headquarter hotels, click HERE.
Tournament schedule will be avialable through AES. The Black division wil play in the first and third waves, the Blue division will play in the 2nd and 4th waves.
Event parking at the RCC is available throughout the downtown area for $7 (no in-and-out privileges).
Admission for spectators is $10 per day or $15 for both days. Children under 6 years old are free. Tickets can be purchased on Friday night (March 1st) from 6-9 PM on the mezzanine level of the RCC, or Saturday and Sunday beginning at 7 AM adjacent to the Hall B entrance at the RCC. The RCC will open at 7 AM on Saturday and Sunday.
PLEASE READ OUR NEW PHOTOGRAPHY AND VIDEO DISCLAIMER HERE
ALL SPECTATORS MUST ABIDE BY THE CAROLINA REGION/USAV SPECTATOR BEHAVIOR POLICY HERE
Travel to Raleigh
If you are traveling to Raleigh via car please check out this link about highway construction in the Raleigh area that might impact your travel schedule to Raleigh and the Raleigh Convention Center: http://www.visitraleigh.com/fortify/
Area information found here - THINGS TO DO RALEIGH
MAPL Raleigh's official program guide will be displayed on high-tech green friendly rotating video boards throughout the tournament venues. The screens will display event information, tournament flows, and sponsors information. The Results Station will have laptop computers available for team roster, schedule and results information. As information is downloaded directly from AES, Triangle is not responsible for the accuracy of team rosters. The management of this information is the responsibility of each participating club.
- All teams must check-in prior to their first match.
- Team Staff [a maximum of 3 per team) will receive a wristband provided they are USAV members and background screened. This pertains to coaching staff, chaperones, and team representatives.
- Teams check in AT their designated playing location:
- Raleigh Convention Center: 7-9 PM on Friday night and 7-11 AM on Saturday in Room 204 on the mezzanine level of the RCC.
- Triangle Volleyball Club: RED DIVISION participants will check in on Saturday at championship desk from 7-11 AM.
MAPL Raleigh is sanctioned by USA Volleyball through the Carolina Region.
- PROHIBITED ITEMS RALEIGH CONVENTION CENTER: Coolers, stadium chairs, large baggage, animals [service animals allowed], weapons, tobacco and e-cigarette products are not allowed inside or outside of the RCC (lobby, playing venue, sidewalks). Team 'camping' is prohibited by RCC. Monopods only are allowed for filming.
- PROHIBITED ITEMS TRIANGLE VOLLEYBALL CLUB: No animals [service animals allowed], weapons, tobacco and e-cigarettes are allowed inside the facility. No coolers, stadium chairs or food tables allowed inside the facility, but these items may be set up outside. There is a designated 'camping' area.
- No 'boom boxes' or portable speakers are allowed to be used inside the facility unless they are connected to headphones. 'Warm up music' broadcasted from a speaker or sound system is not allowed.
Balls & Ball Handling Rules
- Tournament ball is the Molten Super Touch™.
- No Ball Handling allowed off the playing court surface for the safety and protection of our guests.
- Loaner balls are available for teams travelling via plane.
Concessions for MAPL Raleigh on-site at RCC are provided by Centerplate. No outside food or drink is allowed in the competition venue.
College recruiters and all team coaches at MAPL Raleigh are welcome to take advantage of the hospitality room in the Raleigh Suite at the Marriott Downtown Raleigh, Room 323 (connected to RCC). Open from 7AM - 7PM Saturday, and 7AM - 2PM Sunday.
Hospitality for coaches of teams playing at Triangle will also be provided - location TBD.
USA Volleyball High Perfomance Tryout
Junior Girls High Performance Tryout - 2018 Tryout will be held on Friday, March 1st from 5-8 PM in the Raleigh Convention Center. For more information please click HERE.